AIMS AND OBJECTIVES
The aim of the LARA project was to develop and pilot training to equip adult educators to create and deliver learning that is responsive to the demands and opportunities of ageing.
- To develop and deliver practical training that generates ideas, skills and resources
- To underpin training with theory derived from research at national and European partnership level into the impact of ageing, the place of learning in providing opportunities and solutions and the relationship of learning with other actions that enable and empower individuals
- To demonstrate how learning fits with the wider agenda of demographic change. To analyse the impact on pedagogy and methodology of making learning fit. To develop effective teaching responses.
- To promote the concept of learner-centred, personalised education in the context of ageing and to examine its impact on content and methodologies
- To ensure that the views and experiences of learners and non-participants in learning inform the development of training content. The opinions of older adults will be of particular relevance but the project will seek information from adults of all ages.
- To modularise the training to support flexible delivery and produce a training manual for the support of training and self study
- To disseminate training at national level in partner countries and more widely through inclusion on the Grundtvig training database
- For more information follow the links to: LARA research report, LARA courses, LARA training programme
Project Number - 142317-LLP-1-2008-1-DE-GRUNDTVIG-GMPThe project LARA has been funded with support from the European Commission. This webpage reflects the views only of the author, and the Commission cannot be held responsible for any use which may be made of the information contained therein.